Rentals: Arctic & Russian Far East
Rent Boots, Waterproof Pants and Trekking Poles
Free Concierge Delivery to the Ship
The heavy boots that are an essential item for Arctic & Russian Far East expedition travelers are often a one-time purchase and add inconvenience, environmental waste and expense to travel. Waterproof pants are also essential. Trekking Poles provide stability while ashore in the Arctic & Russian Far East.
Rent Boots, Pants & Poles
- Less luggage. Boots are heavy and take up lots of your allowed checked luggage weight.
- Convenience. Free boot delivery to the ship through our Concierge Service.
- Sustainable choice. Renting boots is a smart environmental choice if you will likely not wear them again. The drastic savings in fuel and carbon is seen below... Both the Reduce & Reuse part of 'Reduce, Reuse and Recycle' are implemented.
- Boots/Waterproof Pants/Trekking Poles are delivered to and picked up from National Geographic Explorer.
- Rentals must be ordered up to 15 days before sailing.
- Rental period is per cruise. For back-to-back cruise rentals please contact us to arrange to keep the rentals for the full duration. Rental per cruise and only one deposit will be charged.
- Deposits are processed within 15 business days from disembarkation date
- No refund if rentals are not returned or returned damaged
- Refund will be applied to the credit card used to rent boots, waterproof pants and/or trekking poles
Rentals Cancellation Policy
- Cancellation up to 30 days before ship embarkation date: full refund (rental and deposit)
- Cancellation 29 days or less before ship embarkation date: no rental refund (rental not refunded, deposit refunded)
- Promotional discounts cannot be applied to rental deposit
Save Space by Renting
Though essential for wading in icy waters during Zodiac landings, the proper boots are bulky and weigh between 4.5 lbs / 2.5 kgs to 6 pounds / 2.73 kgs. By renting boots, you are guaranteed to have the best boot to stay warm and dry in the Arctic, while gaining space in your luggage.
Waterproof pants are also essential to stay warm and dry in the Arctic, especially during Zodiac rides. Our rental pants are waterproof, breathable and fit over the rental boots.
Trekking poles offer stability while walking ashore but are often awkward to pack in luggage and/or to carry on Zodiac rides if they don’t collapse. Our rental trekking poles collapse down to 25.6 in / 65 cm.
Rest assured, all rentals are properly cleaned and maintained. Boots are sanitized after each rental using products that have been proven to work in U.S. high-end ski resort rentals. Pants are thoroughly cleaned. Trekking poles are maintained between rentals.
More About Rental Boots
Comfortable, insulated boots are essential for expeditions to the Arctic. The Zodiac Classic High Rental Boots are the top recommended boot for the Polar regions and have been tested by expedition leaders. They are flexible, durable and comfort rated to - 40 F / -40 C so your feet stay warm. A range of women's, men's and children's sizes are available.
Boots are also available to purchase: